Safety Tips for Self-Drive Safari in Uganda
And so we share some of the Tips for a self drive safari in Uganda.
- Make use of the Park Rangers if you can: It sound as a way to rip off your budgeted money or quite a little expensive but that would be the basis of your life safety. The park rangers are always armed (which shouldn’t be a scare) and yes imformative about the park. It is the wild where anything can happen and the park ranger who is well informed with the area can be helpful. Instances are when attacked by a wild animal or with a mechanical problem in the wilderness amidst wildlife or driving through the right spots for better wildlife viewing.
- Consider the rhythm of wildlife: With Self drive safaris in the wild, time passes a whole lot differently. Never try to rush wildlife across the road, or rush them along with your rented vehicle. This is absolutely looking for trouble with your car rental through Uganda. Considerably respect and allow wildlife the freedom to move along at their own pace and yes wildlife has a right of way as stipulated by the wildlife governing body. Although this may take patience on your part, you will be rewarded with wonderful wildlife sightings and safe interaction between man and wildlife.
- Keep a distance: Like mentioned before, beasts in the wild have a right of way which requires you to stay 100m away from these animals and especially the Big wild. Driving closely to these animals may push them for self defense against your car causing a threat to you and the rented car. In this scenario of the rented car, such incidents lie in reckless driving which in turn require you to take full responsibility.
- Expect Narrow and windy roads: Like many roads upcountry and off the beaten track, these tend to be so narrow and very few chances for overtaking other game viewing vehicles in the game reserve. In scenarios of overtaking, consider driving slow and avoid hooting like it would have been. Hooting scares animals away and limited chances of seeing a lot, keep it calm and bypass the vehicle ahead slowly without interference. Look ahead and beyond the corners with expectations of crossing game and other road users.
- Put down your camera: We perfectly understand how it takes you much preparations and money getting ready for your Self drive African trip in Uganda. You got everything bought including the New camera, great big lenses and binoculars. However after minutes of shooting, how about consider putting down your treasured camera and get up-close and personal with the wildlife. There is nothing as rewarding as memorizing and having an internal memory looking at these wildlife especially for the Gorillas in Uganda and more wildlife with your camera away.
- Only travel in a vehicle that is well-serviced and roadworthy: The basics and the checklist for a self drive safari in Uganda. This rotates from the car rental agency you opted for in your plans of traveling through Uganda. In Many cases independent travelers are overtaken by low budget or so cheap car rental rates by companies but forget the fact and condition of the car. Very attractive rental rates are great and saving but the question lies at What kind of car do you get or what is the mechanical condition of the car you receive. Nothing so legit and perfect comes so cheaply for an inspirational journey in Uganda. Don’t be caught stuck and messed up with a dangerous mechanical conditioned vehicle in the middle of a beast filled game reserve that will eventually ruin your trip in Uganda. It so ethical and responsible renting a car from legit car rental agencies. Much enfasis and recommendation is travel with a well serviced and road worthy vehicle from companies like Auto Rental Uganda.